Saturday, June 13, 2009

Southern Sweep

I woke up this morning in Tupelo, Mississippi. My arrival in the birthplace of Elvis Presley was not premeditated – this is just where I was when I got tired of driving last night. I’ve never been in Mississippi. I’m interested to see what it looks like in the daylight.

I woke up yesterday in Atlanta, Georgia. That was my last day of a two-week class in the Orff approach to teaching music to children. The instruction I received there lifted me to a new level, at least, in my mind. It will take a year of application to complete the process. I made some great friends. The sum of what I learned from my fellow students was equal to the formal curriculum.

I don’t know where I’ll wake up tomorrow. I need to meet Katy in Des Moines Sunday PM. I’ll pass through Memphis and St. Louis today. I don’t know if I’ll be adventurous or just hammer on through. I feel pretty flat – you know, the let down from two intense weeks. It’s cloudy and dreary, but I did buy an umbrella in Savannah….

No comments: