Monday, January 7, 2008

Revenge of the Little People

I wrote my blog last night fully expecting to be writing a long sob-story tonight about the defeat of the waltz experiment. However, those little people turned out to be waltzing geniuses. No kidding, several times during the day I found myself looking out over a sea of young’ns moving all together, gracefully waltzing in unison. Granted, it wasn’t like that all the time, and some of them never ever got one step right the whole time. But at times it was poetry in motion. I wish you could have seen the concentration on their faces as they marked out little boxes with their dancing feet on the gym floor. Especially the 2nd graders. Those little brains were working overtime!

Like Haley’s Comet, this spectacular event may not occur again for a long, long time. So I’m writing it down tonight to mark the day.

Also, I thought a lot more about the sermon (at least the part I heard) today and very little about the “nail” in that guy’s ear, so maybe God intervened. But I keep wondering what to call that part of you ear that looks like a worm. Does it have a name?

No comments: