Saturday, August 11, 2007

Week of Change

This week was sort of eventful. Here’s how it went. Monday evening I got a call asking if I could come for a job interview at Reed Elementary. Tuesday I had the interview. Wednesday they offered me the job. Thursday I accepted. I start on Monday.

That’s right, I am the new music teacher at Reed Elementary School right here in Allen, Texas. It will be great to be a part of a school community again.

It is a very nice building, I have a very nice room, the administrators seem to be top-flight, and it’s only 5 miles from home.

I spent a fair amount of Thursday and Friday trying to figure out what to do with all my private students, and figure out the curriculum, general approach, and practices the general music staff uses here in the Allen school district.

Next week I’ll be in meetings all day, and also getting my room ready, figuring out a private lesson schedule, take Katy back to college in Pella, Iowa, and do the Pigman Triathlon (70.3 mile distance).

Life can change a lot in one week.

No comments: