Friday, July 20, 2007

New Things

I looked for the humming bird today but it was not there. It’s a common mistake we make in life – we keep looking in the same place but the “prize” keeps moving. Now I know what you Christians out there are saying to yourselves, “If you are looking for God you can find Him in the same place because He never moves.” However, I submit that as our relationship with God grows we meet him in a different place too. Like Lucy in the Chronicles of Narnia, I think it’s in Prince Caspian. The children had been gone for a time, and had recently returned to Narnia. In her first conversation with Aslan she says, “Aslan, you are bigger than you used to be” and he say’s, “No, I haven’t grown, you have.”

So, anyway, I don’t know what cool things I will experience today, but seeing the humming bird among the Crepe Myrtles by the soccer fields is not one of them.

No comments: