Thursday, July 12, 2007

Waterlogged in Texas

As of yesterday we have had 50 straight days of rain. We’ve got Noah beat by 10.

Consequently, I have been thinking about water lately. It’s like so many things in life – too little is bad, too much is worse. Like dessert, money, beer, credit, garlic, Irish music, and RAIN.

As I was running the other day I noticed the sound of the creek next to the trail. I love that sound. Calm and companionable. But just a few days ago that same creek was a flooding, raging river – 20 feet deep, sweeping away everything, including entire trees. Life is like that, one moment just rolling along and suddenly coming at you way, way to fast.

So anyway, after our daily thunderstorm/flash flood yesterday I thought how the weather illustrates the character of God, he is both terrifying and gentle. Lightning – terrifying; peaceful sunset afterwards – gentle.

I put together a little North Texas weather video. It looks and sounds great on my computer but not so great on the web, but since I made it I decided to post it anyway. You can see it at my Myspace page, click on "videos." http://www.myspace.com/slivermoonglobal. It's labeled "Waterlogged in Texas."

No comments: